Our Personal Narnia - A short trek to Poonhill!

Sunday, August 16, 2015 1 Comments A+ a-


It was a trip of a lifetime.
When you sit down to write a travelogue, I read somewhere to never use these words as a narrative beginning. Because it said, you will be overselling your experience. But there is no room for taking cautions as you know the ones showing an interest in your travel journal are as much as wander lusty as you are, maybe even more. The next thing I am sure of that compelled me to use the sentence above is that every place you observe at a certain point of time had never been that way and will never ever be the same, until of course the concept of parallel universes holds true.
Else, everyplace you visit, every trip you take, it's truly once in a lifetime.

I use these 131 words before starting an account of 6 days long, better put as 6 days short, trek to a stunning hill station concealed in the hazy mist on the lap of snow roofed Himalayas which my country has been blessed with. Christened as Poonhill (Poon being one of the family names in Nepal), this hill stands tall at an altitude of 3210 meters, pretty easy to remember if you recite numerical from 0 to 3 from opposite.

Getting there is quite easy too. Kathmandu to Pokhara is not a new highway to any of us. Allow me to impart the details of my journey here onward.




(Published: ESSENCE Magazine, Year 4, Vol. 01, January 2015, Unleash.)

1 comments:

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
September 1, 2015 at 10:08 AM delete

In my travel list for quite a time now. Reading this piece of yours, I cannot wait. i have to, though. :)

Reply
avatar